Riding with the wind. When I'm sad, she comes to me.
With the thousand smiles, she gives to me...

Fly on my little wing.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Summer 2010: Leading Up to Kona

So post IMCDA I had a nice bit of time off and then had to put my head to the grindstone to be ready for October. I was still trying to get over that hip injury so running wasn't going well. Cycling was a different story. I had spent a lot of time on the trainer with Chino while we were in CO last winter. Also I was riding with the "fast Tuesday Guys" quite a bit (as in Real Roadies and other guys). Overall I still didn't follow a set training schedule, but had some key workouts I tried to get in each week. My first tri after IMCDA was the Interrockin Olympic tri where I placed 4th with a 2:10, having a bad swim, great bike and bad run. The following weekend I got a 'W' at the Harbor Springs Tri.
    Steelhead was at the end of July and I was ready to rock (http://ironmansteelhead.com/). Interesting story to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment