Riding with the wind. When I'm sad, she comes to me.
With the thousand smiles, she gives to me...

Fly on my little wing.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Race Plans Develop

With the past year being an athletic roller coaster I can't describe how awesome it is to be back in racing form. Having thoughts and concerns last winter about not being able to run or compete in triathlons again, it was a little disheartening. I can only say how blessed I am to be back on track. Consider it a tough lesson learned.

So for the summer I've signed up for the following races: Cherry Roubaix State Road Race on August 12th and the Charlevoix Triathlon the following weekend. Both will be great tests of my fitness level.

I also signed up for another Ironman. My tri buddy Dave Smith sent me a text, "If Ironman Lake Placid goes online tomorrow I'm thinking of signing up." I responded, "ok. I'm in." The next day I dropped an absurd amount of money on another chance to make by body hurt and feel terrible the next day. It's not too dissimilar a comparison to drug addiction. I know better, but can't help it. So July 28, 2013 Dave and I will be competing together. Should be a grand time!


No comments:

Post a Comment